National Indian Gaming Commission
(Rapid City, SD)
Job Announcement Number: NIGC-8000-18-EW-007(EXC)
Salary Range: $73,375.00 to $113,428.00 / Per Year
Location: Rapid City, SD
Open Period: Monday, October 1, 2018-Wednesday, October 31, 2018
The primary mission of the National Indian Gaming Commission (the “Commission”) is to work within the framework created by the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (“IGRA”) for the regulation of gaming activities conducted by sovereign Indian nations and tribes on Indian lands, and to fully realize IGRA’s goals: (1) promoting tribal economic development, self-sufficiency, and strong tribal governments; (2) maintaining the integrity of the Indian gaming industry; and (3) ensuring that tribes are the primary beneficiaries of their gaming activities. We are committed to the prompt and efficient regulation of the Indian gaming industry, which spans more than 506 gaming establishments, associated with nearly 246 tribes across 29 states. The Commission’s dedication to compliance ensures the integrity of the $32.4 billion Indian gaming industry.
The Commission's strength is derived from our employees. The NIGC family is a small, diverse, well-trained, and career-oriented team with the finest professionals in gaming regulation. The Commission has more than 100 highly motivated individuals working at our headquarters in Washington, D.C. and across seven regional offices. The Commission was recently ranked among the top very small federal agencies to work for in the federal government.
The Compliance Officer will work under the direction of the St. Paul Regional Director and the Director of Compliance; the Compliance Officer is responsible for monitoring the gaming activities of Indian tribes and to ensure compliance with tribal, state, and federal gaming laws and regulations. This position will have a duty location of Rapid City, SD.
We are looking for an individual who can:
- Conduct site visits at Indian gaming operations within the assigned region to ensure compliance with the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA), the provision of a tribal gaming ordinance/resolution and the regulations of the NIGC.
- Monitor tribal gaming operations to ensure IGRA compliance and protect the integrity of Indian gaming.
- Serve as NIGC’s representative to tribal governments.
- Provide training and technical assistance to tribal gaming agencies, gaming operators and management contractors.
- Maintain liaison with tribal, local, state and federal law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
- Conduct investigations, analyze data and prepare reports.
- Testify in administrative and other proceedings and attend staff meetings and training sessions.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- You will be required to have federal payments made by direct deposit.
- Requires a two year trial period.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 1-3 years of experience working with tribal governments, tribal gaming commission/agencies or other tribal entities engaged in the regulation or enforcement of gaming laws;
- 1-3 years of experience using forensic accounting to conduct investigations;
- 1-3 years of experience conducting investigations in accordance with Indian or gaming laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check
How to Apply
Your complete application, including required documents, must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. To apply online, you must complete and submit an application by accessing the USAJOBS website at www.usajobs.gov. To begin, click the Apply Online button near the bottom of this screen and follow the prompts to register into your USAJOBS account, answer the questions, and submit all required documents. To return to your saved application, log in to your USAJOBS account at www.usajobs.gov and click on "Application Status." Click on the position title, and then select Apply Online to continue. For details, go to this link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511599900