2017 Information Session
The National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) recognizes and respects the sovereignty of Indian Tribes and the government-to-government relationship that exists between the United States and Tribal governments. Consistent with federal law and the NIGC's internal policy, the NIGC places the utmost importance on meaningful consultation with Tribal nations in the performance of its regulatory duties.
The Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA) provides the statutory framework to promote tribal economic development, self-sufficiency, and strong tribal governments. Our tribal consultation is a vital tool for accomplishing this purpose. The Consultation establishes regular and meaningful collaboration with Tribal officials in the development of federal policies that have tribal implications.
In 2015 and 2016, the NIGC consulted with Tribes on four distinct issues:
- Updates to the NIGC's Privacy Act regulations;
- Plans for a new categorical exclusion under the National Environmental Pol icy Act for the approval of management contracts;
- Options for various approaches to providing guidance regarding Class III minimum internal control standards (MICS); and
- Options by which the NIGC could give preference to Indian-owned businesses in agency purchasing decisions.
The following is the list of the 2017 consultation topics:
- Draft guidance in accordance with Tribal comments received for voluntary non-binding Class III minimum internal control standards (MICS) and regulatory changes as a result of the 2015-16 consultation
- Rural Outreach
- Developing a Strong Tribal Workforce through Training
- Management Contract Regulations and Procedures
- Technical Standards for Mobile Gaming Devices
- 25 C.F.R. Part 547 Grandfathered Class II Gaming Systems
NIGC invites you to participate as an attendee in an information session on the progress made on the 2015-16 consultation topics, and an introduction to the 2017 consultation topics during a WebEx and telephone information session:
Date: Thursday, December 15, 2016
Time: 1:00 pm (EST)
Download the 2017 Consultation Briefing
Session number: 642 243 807
Session password: YVjxYmAT
Conference Call Info
Call in: 800-779-2638 Passcode: 9791232
Additional Info for joining the Web-Ex Session
1. Go to https://doilearn.webex.com/doilearn/k2/j.php?MTID=t4403f4caa896e930a00b477444ae87aa
2. Enter your name and email address.
3. Enter the session password: YVjxYmAT
4. Click "Join Now".
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link
You can contact NIGC Training at email@example.com or 1-971-219-4028
Can't join the training session? https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-5521
To add this session to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: