The Division of Public Affairs provides tribes, tribal regulators, Congress, the public and other stakeholders with clear and accurate information about the National Indian Gaming Commission’s programs and activities. The division is responsible for planning, coordinating and managing the agency’s media relations, community engagement, legislative affairs programs, and inter-governmental communications, which increases understanding about Indian gaming and the agency’s regulatory role.
The Division of Public Affairs:
- prepares speeches for the Chair, Commissioners and senior managers;
- serves as the principal news media gateway for official agency announcements, press releases and statements, speeches, Congressional and public hearing testimony, biographies of key leadership, and other documents of public interest;
- coordinates the agency's community outreach, to include tradeshows and exhibits;
- serves as the agency-wide point of contact for the planning, developing, and reviewing of all agency print, promotional, display, audiovisual and broadcast products intended for the public,
- manages NIGC's web content, including content on NIGC.gov and in social media;
- communicates with Congress and other federal and state governmental agencies; and
- communicates with NIGC employees on a variety of topics.
Division of Public Affairs key contacts:
Mary Paker, Public Affairs Manager (Media Contact)
- Phone: (202) 336-3470
- Email: Mary.Parker@nigc.gov
Mavis Harris, Communications Specialist (Web Management/Internal Information/Community Engagement)
- Phone: (202) 632-7003
- Email: Mavis.Harris@nigc.gov