To obtain credentials and access TAP, an authorized tribal user will complete an online application by following easy steps listed below:
1) Using the common Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome), type the secure web address, https://tap.nigc.gov, or go to the main NIGC web page and type the address http://www.nigc.gov. Look for the Tribal Access Portal (TAP) and click on the link.
2) Create an account by using the tribal user’s work email and follow the friendly user instruction on the secure website.
3) After completing an online application, an automatic email is sent to the user and a copy of the acknowledgment of application is sent to the corresponding regional office. The regional office will verify the tribal user’s employment with the tribe.
4) Upon approval by the regional office, an automated approval email will be sent to the tribal user.
5) After the receipt of the approval by the tribal user, the tribal user will login with their credentials and will be redirected to the “APPLICANT'S HISTORY RELATION WITH THE TRIBE” page.
6) In the “APPLICANT'S HISTORY RELATION WITH THE TRIBE” page, the tribal user can enter the first name, last name and social security number of the prospective applicant, and a list of tribal names and contacts will appear below. Also if there are known alias or other names, the alias or another name will appear.
For details, please contact the corresponding regional office listed below:
I. Portland Regional Office
Solomon Building, Suite 212
620 SW Main Street
Portland, OR 97205
Tel: (503) 326-5095
1) Vicki Naval-Geistlinger - Vicki_Naval-Geistlinger@nigc.gov
2) Steven Steiner – Steven_Steiner@nigc.gov
III. Phoenix Regional Office
3636 North Central Avenue
One Columbus Plaza, Suite 880
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Tel: (602) 640-2951
1) Lance Vallo - Lance_Vallo@nigc.gov
IV. St. Paul Regional Office
380 Jackson Street
St. Paul, MN 55101
Tel: (651) 290-4004
1) Danielle Foeller - Danielle_Foeller@nigc.gov
VI. Washington, DC Regional Office
1441 L Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
Tel: (202) 632-7003
1) Cindy Altimus - Cindy_Altimus@nigc.gov