For Immediate Release
NIGC Will Hold Regulatory Review Consultation
in Coarsegold, California
Washington, DC August 17, 2011 — The National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC/Commission) will hold a consultation on September 16, 2011 at the Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino in Coarsegold, California. This consultation session is an opportunity for Tribal leaders to provide the Commission with substantive input during the regulatory review process.
The Commission organized its review into five regulation groups. Each will proceed separately through three phases: 1) an initial phase when a preliminary draft regulation may be prepared; 2) thereafter the Commission may decide to move forward with publication of a proposed rule, if any, with an approximately sixty-day comment period; and 3) a final phase during which the Commission may decide to promulgate a final rule. Where necessary, a regulation may proceed through the regulatory review process independently from the other regulations in a particular group.
Consistent with its commitment to transparency, the Commission will continue to consult with tribal governments throughout the regulatory review process. All information related to this review process can be found on our website at www.nigc.gov
then click on the Tribal Consultation on the left side of the website.
The consultation scheduled for September 16, 2011 in Coarsegold, California will cover Groups Two, Three, Four and Five regulations.
Group Two includes:
· Part 573 – Enforcement; and regulations concerning proceedings before the Commission, including:
· Parts 519 – Service;
· Part 524 – Appeals;
· Part 539 – Appeals; and
· Part 577 – Appeals Before the Commission.
Group Three includes:
· Part 543 – Minimum Internal Controls Standards for Class II Gaming; and
· Part 547 – Minimum Technical Standards for Gaming Equipment Used with the Play of Class II Games.
Group Four includes:
· Part 556 – Background Investigations for Primary Management Officials and Key Employees (including “Pilot Program”);
· Part 558 – Gaming Licenses for Key Employees and Primary Management Officials;
· Part 571 – Monitoring and Investigations;
· Part 531 – Collateral Agreements;
· Part 537 – Background Investigations for Persons or Entities with a Financial Interest in, or Having Management Responsibility for a Management Contract; and
· Part 502 – Definitions.
Group Five includes:
· Part 518 – Self Regulation of Class II Gaming;
· A Sole Proprietary Interest regulation; and
· Part 542 – Minimum Internal Control Standards for Class III Gaming.
The Commission invites all Tribal leaders and their designees to share their views with the Commission on Groups Two, Three, Four and Five regulations during the following scheduled consultation:
Date: Friday, September 16
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino
711 Lucky Lane
Casa de Fuego Room
For planning purposes and to accommodate all who want to attend the consultation, please RSVP to Rita Homa, Executive Secretary, at (202) 418-9807 or by e-mail at email@example.com
For those Tribal leaders or designees unable to attend this consultation, we invite you to submit written comments by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, or by US Mail to the National Indian Gaming Commission, Attn: Regulatory Review, 1441 L Street, NW, Suite 9100, Washington, DC 20005.
The NIGC is an independent regulatory agency established within the Department of the Interior pursuant to the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act of 1988.